Responding to Refugee Crisis
We have watched a horrific situation unfold before our eyes with the current refugee crisis. Have you been struggling to find ways to respond? Watch this video below with different practical ways to respond.
Also, at Ebenezer Church, we have supported Rachael Bee for years and her work with Bristol Hospitality Network (who work with destitute asylum seekers in Bristol). Get in touch with them to find ways to volunteer here in Bristol immediately and for the longer term.
REFUGEE CRISIS SPECIAL OFFERING
Next Sunday (13th), we will have a special offering towards the refugee crisis and our giving will be split equally between Open Doors (who are working on the ground in Syria) and Bristol Hospitality Network. Please come prepared to give to these organisations.
1. Pray – 24/7 prayer global prayer week
2. Connect – Make properties available to those seeking asylum, please get in touch with Citizens UK.
3. Foster – Sign up to a national database (organised by Home for Good) to provide foster care to children and young people coming without parents.
3. Welcome – Churches need to be ready to welcome refugees into our communities and help them to integrate. Also check out the work of b.friend already happening in Bristol. Open space conversation event happening in Lockleaze in early October, details here.
5. Give – Open Doors has launched a special appeal to help those facing persecution in Syria.