We consider children to be an important part of the church family. We value the contribution they make and we enjoy working with them. It is our aim to teach children some of the values we find in the Bible and to show them something of God’s amazing love for us. We present the principles of the Christian faith in a fun, enjoyable, safe and caring environment.
Through this, we aim to "Equip Children to Know, Grow and Show God's Love"
Whilst we will teach them about God and Jesus, it will always be from the perspective that having a faith is a matter of individual choice. Children are never put under pressure to believe unless they choose to do so.
Ebenezer Church operates a full Child Protection policy.
When? Sunday Mornings 11.00am to 12:00
Where? Orchard School, Filton Road
Who? Crèche to school year 6 (Ages 0 to 11)
Children’s Church happens every week on a Sunday morning for children ages 0 to 11. For the first 30 minutes of the church service, children remain with the whole of church. When they leave the service, they move into age-related groups.
- Parent and baby room – ages 0 to 18 months
- Yellow Sparks – 18 months - 4 years (beginning of Reception)
- Green Glows – Reception and Year 1
- Blue Flames - Years 2 and 3
- Red Lasers - Years 4-6
- Children are taught from the Bible in interactive and exciting ways, involving craft, games and stories.
- First Sunday Children's Church - Reception - 11 years, combined worship and learning experience